I love you too much!
Top 5 Heroin Songs
2. Lust for Life (Hubby calls it “the happiest song about kicking smack ever written!”)
3. Needle and the Damage Done (not my fave NY song, but what the hey hey my my, it qualifies!)
4. Comfortably Numb (I’m not too fond of this, but it makes the list, OBVIOUSLY)
4.5. Bridge Over Troubled Water/Hey, Jude OKAY, so these aren’t really about smack, but I like the urban myths anyway
5. Honorable Mention: Sister Morphine
Top 5 Reasons I Can’t Sleep
1. itching on bottom of L foot
3. house too small/brain crowded
5. went to bed after 11
6. new sheets felt scratchy
7. too hot/too cold
8. cat on bed, cat on head
Top 5 Haunted Things in My House
1. my remote mouse
2. my body
Top 5 Reasons to Move out of This House
1. too small
2. on 116
3. on corner of busy road; fear of air pollution from too many cars and shortened life span from stress of traffic noise and bad air
4. 2 cats killed by cars
5. bad basement smell from Day 1 of purchase
6. it’s a ranch
7. it has no character
8. the bedrooms are next to the kitchen
9. hollow doors, not worth replacing considering 1-8
Top 5 Reasons to Stay
2. most convenient location in the world
3. must clear out clutter if we move
Top 5 Hottest Male Stars of All Time
1. Gary Oldman
2. Paul Newman
3. Javier Bardem
5. DDL in a loin cloth or as Bill the Butcher
6. Johnny Depp, but let’s drop the cigarettes already, Johnny, okay?
7. Anthony Hopkins
9. Leo di Caprio, especially that sex scene from The Beach
11. Alan Cumming
Top 5 Numbers of All Time
4. point O O one
Top 5 Vegetables
1. sweet potatoes
3. that clean, local, nitrate-free bacon
4. some forms of chocolate
5. any perfectly-prepared coffee-blended
Top 5 Vacation Spots
1. Hanalei Bay, Kauai
3. P town
6. Amsterdam and Venice
7. the ocean
8. all the lakes of my childhood
11. New Mexico
12. New England
13. not camping
14. almost anywhere with my Hubby
Top 5 Friends
Top 5 Meals
1. Canada on a farm, long ago, I was 16, maybe 17, in high school, but I remember the peach pie and the homemade bread. And I don’t even like pie.
2. 2 meals at Parisian restaurant run by Greek chef, not sure which arr. I ate there once in 1991 and once in 1992. Around the corner was one of those free-standing Haagan Daaz ice cream stores and I got a chocolate-chocolate chip (cone?). It was SO good, not at all what you get in the pints any more. I really do remember it.
3. my mother’s spaghetti before she started to lose her memory
4. papaya with lime in Hawaii
5. Amsterdam open market
Worst Place to Pee EVER
1. darkly-lit hole in the ground (granted there were metal foot plates) when I was on my period behind best meal ever in Paris
Coolest Public Bathroom Experience Ever
1. Prague self-cleaning, automated, public loo (is it environmentally sound with all of that water use? I do not know)
Top 5 Worst Smells
1. the pee of Paris
2. poop of blind dog I took care of for a week in high school when owners were away
3. paper mill
4. driving through Gary, Indiana
5. big cities combo of exhaust and garbage when you’re just grooving around on foot
6. dead things in the woods
7. chemical detergent scents. REALLY? REALLY? Is this what you want to smell like?
8. mildewed clothes
9. pee clothes (I know it’s sad and some people can’t help it, but I do not like it)
10. boy pee vs. girl pee (boy pee is stronger (until menopause) and they get it all over everything. This is one reason why having 2 daughters, as opposed to any sons, works out pretty good for me)
11. cat pee/litter box
It Would Be Impossible To Put Down Top 5 Movies
I do love Rushmore, as you know. And Gangs of New York until the plot falls apart at the end and of course the unfortunate choice of Cameron Diaz.
There Will Be Blood except for Paul Dano. Elizabeth because it is so dramatic and Cate Blanchett is so beautiful and amazing. The Front, which we just saw for the final film of the Woody Allen revival at Amherst Cinema. Unforgiven—totally entertaining. Not a big fan of Spielberg, but I loved Catch Me If You Can for the fun of it. American masterpieces: Hard Time; Five Easy Pieces; Thunderbolt and Lightfoot; A Woman Under the Influence.
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. The Fisher King.
The Godfather I and II because they are also masterpieces of American cinema. Nostalgia, though I don’t remember it.
Pennies From Heaven and Days of Heaven; Heavenly Creatures (okay, it’s not one of my favorites, but it does have the lovely Kate Winslet and keeps the theme of movie titles with the word heaven in them. And it’s Peter Jackson and very very trippy).
Some of the images from The Fall, especially the opening sequence.
Top 5 Rolling Stones Songs
1. Sweet Virginia
2. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
3. Loving Cup
I give up already. This shit just got real, yo.